Giving Diamonds as a Birthday Gift
We’ve mentioned before that diamonds aren’t just for engagements and weddings. There are so many other occasions that you can celebrate with diamonds! In fact, there is really no wrong time to give someone you love a diamond as a gift. And this includes birthdays!
Buying a diamond for a birthday gift is a great idea. Not only will it be a tremendous gift that will certainly delight the lucky recipient, but giving diamonds as a birthday gift gives you a unique opportunity: There are really no established “traditions” for diamond birthday gifts, like there are for engagements, weddings and anniversaries. That’s a great thing! It means you can use your imagination and truly get a birthday gift that is perfect for your special someone.
Here are a few tips for buying diamond birthday gifts.
You Don’t Need to Stick to a Birthstone
- In the past, the only gemstones that were given as birthday presents were a person’s birthstone. While this obviously still remains an option if you’d like to give such a gift, there’s certainly no obligation to stick to a birthstone.
- That means you can feel free to give diamonds as a birthday gift to people who weren’t born in April!
Celebrate Milestone Birthdays
- One popular way to give diamonds as birthday gifts is to celebrate a “milestone” birthday.
- Do you know someone turning 20, 25, 30, 35, etc? Giving this person a special piece of diamond jewelry will help mark this momentous occasion. Plus, they’ll remember this special moment each time they wear the jewelry they were given.
Types of Jewelry to Give
- While no one is saying that you can’t give a diamond ring as a birthday present (especially if you’re planning to propose on her birthday!), most people save diamond rings for engagements, weddings and anniversaries.
- Earrings, necklaces, watches and other types of diamond jewelry are perfect for birthday gifts. If you want to give an unforgettable present, go with diamond jewelry.
Create a Custom Treasure
- Custom jewelry is ideal for birthday gifts. Giving someone a piece that was created from your own design truly shows them how much you care. It’s a perfect way to give them a one-of-a-kind gift that is unlike anything they’ve ever seen and that they will treasure forever.
- Interested in custom jewelry? Find out more about our custom design studio.